Monday, August 11, 2008

Colorado Trip 2008



Enjoyed a wonderful trip to Colorado again this year, actually spent three days outdoors, exploring the West Elk Wilderness, where many of my family members have spent time hunting. Thanks to Dad & Tom for showing us this beautiful area!!

Colin, Dad, and Tom after we were "First to Find" a geocache near Commissary Camp.

Couldn't decide whether to take a picture of the guys or the beautiful view behind them!!


Colin at our first campsite. That's our tent on the right, and yes it was a little cramped!! Thanks to Colin for putting up with me in there, I think I kneed him at least once!

Colin coming up "The Switchbacks" from our second campsite. You can see our tent wwwayyy back in those trees!






Dad is "King of the Hill" as we took a break in another beautiful spot! Actually, every step of the hike had breathtaking views of this area.




After our adventure in the mountains, we all visited Lake City, Colorado. Thank you!! to our hosts, Sue and Colin, poor Sue even did laundry after the hike, I think some of my stuff was radioactive!

No comments: